Sony today announced a new 4K[i] Handycam® camcorder featuring Balanced Optical SteadyShot ™ technology, using a built-in gimbal mechanism, which provides the ability to capture smooth, natural high-quality video footage. The FDR-AX43/B has been developed for content creators and vloggers who want their footage to demonstrate a refined quality that will stand the test of time.
The FDR-AX43/B implements some of Sony’s most advanced imaging technologies including:
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot with a unique built-in-gimbal mechanism for smooth footage while walking, running or at full zoom
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens with a wide angle of 26.8mm[ii]
- 20x optical zoom and Clear Image Zoom of 30x for 4K and 40x for HD[iii]
- 1/2.5-type Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor[iv] and BIONZ X™ image processing engine delivering excellent image quality, even in low-light conditions
- High-bitrate shooting (100Mbps for XAVC S™ 4K, 50Mbps for XAVC S HD)[v]
- Fast Intelligent AF for quick and precise subject capture
- Directional 3-capsule mic for advanced sound quality[vi]
- 3” Flip-screen for selfie shooting
- New Highlight Movie Maker creates short video clips[vii] in-camera to share instantly without any need for post-production editing. Easily share MP4 movies on social media sites via smartphone.
- Long battery life provides up to 235 mins continuous recording time with the supplied battery (AC adaptor provides additional power supply).
Pricing and Availability
The FDR-AX43/B will ship this month in North America, priced approximately $849.99 US or $1,099.99 CA.
Full product information can be viewed at www.sony.com/electronics/handycam-camcorders/fdr-ax43
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming, robotics and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras and revolutionary high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news for more information.
[ii] 35mm equivalent, 16:9. When “SteadyShot” is set to “Standard” or “Off”.
[iii] When “SteadyShot” is set to “Active” or “Intelligent Active”.
[iv] Aspect ratio is 16:9
[v] Requires SDXC/SDHC memory card Class 10 or higher for XAVC S 4K 60Mpbs and XAVC S HD 50Mbps recording, and SDHC/SDXC memory card UHS-I U3 or higher for XAVC S 4K 100Mbps recording
[vi] Video Mode is AVCHD for 5.1ch recording
[vii] When Dual Video Recording is ON. Video resolution is 1280 x 720 mp4
Original Press Release
Gallery - Product Images
Gallery - Technology